How to Restore WhatsApp Data Without a Backup on Android: A Detailed Guide
A while back, my phone crashed, and I ended up losing all my saved WhatsApp data in the process. Unfortunately, I did not have a previously saved backup on Google Drive and could not restore WhatsApp backup from it. Though, after looking for some solutions, I was finally able to restore WhatsApp data without backup on Android. Here, I will share my experience of using the best WhatsApp data recovery solution in detail.
- Part 1: How to Restore WhatsApp Data without Backup on Android?
- Part 2: How to Restore a WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive: Another Solution
Even if you don’t have a prior backup of your WhatsApp data saved, you can still retrieve your files. To restore WhatsApp data without a backup on Android, you can use a dedicated data recovery tool.
For instance, you can explore Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android) that provides a dedicated WhatsApp recovery solution. This means that the application can scan your Android device and extract your deleted WhatsApp data even without a backup.
- Fone – Data Recovery (Android) is a user-friendly DIY application that is easy to use and has one of the highest data recovery rates.
- You can follow a simple click-through process to scan your Android device and recover its lost WhatsApp messages without rooting it.
- The application supports the recovery of all kinds of WhatsApp-related data like your messages, exchanged media, photos, documents, voice notes, and so much more.
- If you want, you can first preview the extracted messages, photos, etc. and selectively restore them.
- It supports the recovery of WhatsApp messages under different scenarios like accidental deletion, formatted device, loss of backup, and so on.
To learn how to restore deleted WhatsApp messages without a backup on Android devices, just go through these steps:
Step 1: Launch Dr.Fone – Data Recovery and Connect your Device
Dr.Fone - Android Data Recovery(WhatsApp Recovery on Android)
- Recover Android data by scanning your Android phone & tablet directly.
- Preview and selectively recover what you want from your Android phone & tablet.
- Supports various file types, including Messages & Contacts & Photos & Videos & Audio & Document & WhatsApp.
- Supports 6000+ Android Device Models & Various Android OS.
At first, you can just install the Data Recovery application on your system and launch the Dr.Fone toolkit. From the provided options on its home, explore the Data Recovery tool for Android devices.
Make sure that you use an authentic USB cable to connect your Android device to the system. On the Dr.Fone interface, go to the “Recover from WhatsApp” section from the bottom and get a notification of the connected device.
Step 2: Start the WhatsApp Data Recovery process
Simply click on the “Next” button and wait as the application would extract your lost or deleted WhatsApp data from your device. You are expected to wait for a few minutes and ensure that your device stays connected. Besides that, you can also check the progress of the operation on the screen.
Step 3: Follow to Install the Specific App
Great! You are almost there. Once the recovery process is over, the application will display a prompt to install the specific WhatsApp app. Just agree to the prompt and wait as it would extract your data after installing the app.
Step 4: Preview your WhatsApp Data and Restore it
That’s it! You can now view all kinds of recovered WhatsApp data, listed under various sections such as conversations, photos, audio, and so on. You can just go to any category from here and preview your WhatsApp data on the native interface.
To save your time, you can also go to the top-right corner of the interface and choose to display the entire or just the deleted data. Lastly, you can just select what you wish to get back and click on the “Recover” button. This will let you save the extracted WhatsApp data at any location on your system.
Besides that, Dr.Fone provides several other options to perform WhatsApp Transfer Backup & Restore seamlessly.
As you can see that with the right tool, it is pretty easy to learn how to restore deleted WhatsApp messages without a backup. Though, if you always have a prior backup of your WhatsApp data stored on the Drive, then you can easily get your lost data back.
If you are already using WhatsApp on an Android device, then you would know that we can connect our Google account to it. Therefore, you can learn how to restore a backup from Google Drive in the following way.
Step 1: Backup WhatsApp Data to Google Drive on Android
Firstly, you need to make sure that your WhatsApp backup exists on Google Drive. To do this, just go to its Settings > Chats > Chat Backup feature. From here, make sure that you have connected your Google account to WhatsApp. Tap on the “Back up” button to take an immediate backup and set up an automatic schedule from here.
Step 2: Restore a WhatsApp Backup from the Drive
If you are already using WhatsApp on your phone, then you need to reinstall it. In case it is a new device, then just install WhatsApp on it. Just be sure that the device is linked to the same Google account where the backup is saved.
Now, to learn how to restore a WhatsApp backup, just set up your WhatsApp account. Once you enter the same number as before, the app will automatically detect an existing backup. You can just select the preferred WhatsApp backup and click on the “Restore” button.
You can now wait for a while and maintain a stable internet connection as it would restore the WhatsApp backup on your device.
Who knew it would be so easy to restore WhatsApp data without a backup on Android, right? While it is recommended to maintain a timely WhatsApp backup on the Drive, having a recovery tool is ideally a thoughtful alternative. Therefore, if you also don’t want to lose your WhatsApp data again, then install Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android) right away. Apart from that, you can also share this guide with others to teach them how to restore deleted WhatsApp messages without a backup on Android like a pro.
- Message Sending Tricks
- Send Anonymous Messages
- Send Group Message
- Send and Receive Message from Computer
- Send Free Message from Computer
- Online Message Operations
- SMS Services
- Message Protection
- Various Message Operations
- Forward Text Message
- Track Messages
- Read Messages
- Get Message Records
- Schedule Messages
- Recover Sony Messages
- Sync Message across Multiple Devices
- View iMessage History
- Love Messages
- Message Tricks for Android
- Message Apps for Android
- Recover Android Messages
- Recover Android Facebook Message
- Recover Messages from Broken Adnroid
- Recover Messages from SIM Card on Adnroid
- Samsung-Specific Message Tips