WhatsApp Not Showing Contact Names on Android and iPhone?
WhatsApp has developed itself to be the most used chat service around the world audio and video calls. People around the world use this social media application as an alternative to mobile balance. This makes it both convenient and cheap in use. Mobile and Desktop applications usually come up with bugs that perplex the users. Users face a flaw in WhatsApp, where no contacts are showing up. This often leaves them all panicky that their phone's damaged and malfunctioning. Usually, that’s not the case. But here’s the kicker, this article will be focused on fixing this problem of WhatsApp for not displaying the contact names, but numbers and would enlighten its users the reasons why this problem occurs firsthand. We understand that when you do not find the name of the person you want to message, this inconvenience takes your precious time and temper too. The solution is just a few steps away.
Part 1: How to fix it when WhatsApp not showing contact names?
We have written this guide to address both the problem and its remedy. If you meet "WhatsApp contacts not showing names iPhone" or Android, you need to follow a specific procedure for ensuring that the problem is easily solved. We will keep five ways of fixing your WhatsApp in focus and will provide a step-by-step guide in ensuring that you leave this article with your issue promptly fixed.
1. Turn on your contact permissions
This is the most common solution in bringing back the contacts’ names in WhatsApp. For displaying your contacts, WhatsApp should have permission to access the user’s phone book. It would work differently for Android and iPhone.
- Open “Applications” in “Settings.”
- Tap on ‘Application Manager’ and scroll down to tap on “WhatsApp.”
- Tap on “Permissions” on the App Info screen.
- On the ‘Permissions’ screen, set the ‘Contacts’ toggle at ‘ON’ as shown in the image below.
- Open “Settings” and scroll down to open “WhatsApp”.
- The next screen will display the “Allow WhatsApp to Access” section. Toggle the ‘Contacts’ button.
2. Refresh WhatsApp Contact List (For Android Only)
Users can also solve the issue of "WhatsApp contacts not showing names android" by refreshing their WhatsApp contact list by following a simple procedure.
- Tap on the “New Chat” icon in WhatsApp located in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the three dots on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the “Refresh” option on the menu that opens. This would do the trick.
3. Reset WhatsApp Sync
You can see on the official website of WhatsApp to reset WhatsApp sync if a user ever faces difficulty in bringing back contact names on WhatsApp. To get this done, you need to follow the following steps.
- Open “Accounts” through ‘Settings.’
- You will find “WhatsApp” on the Accounts Screen.
- Tap on “WhatsApp” on the next screen.
- The WhatsApp sync screen should have the ‘Contacts’ toggled ON.
- Open “More”; tap on the “Sync Now” option on the menu.
4. Force Stop and Clear Cache (for Android)
Applications consist of caches that are responsible for holding small files and data for allowing things to run smoothly and consistently. In a particular case, a cache breaks or accumulates, which slows down the complete application processes. It requires the removal of the broken cache. With hundreds of contacts saved in your WhatsApp, it needs to get its cache cleared for keeping it functional. Here’s how you can get this done.
- Open “Apps” from the Settings option.
- Open “WhatsApp” from the list and hit Force Stop.
- Tap the “Clear Cache” button on the same screen.
5. Re-Download the Latest WhatsApp
It is a straightforward way to get rid of such problems. You might need to start fresh, but it can even be taken care of. A simple act of backing up your data to the cloud will allow you to retain the previous data easily after you get your WhatsApp re-installed. For backing up your account, you need to access your Google Account if you are an Android user and iCloud if you are an iPhone user. After backing up, your data uninstall the app from your phone and re-install it from Google Play or App Store. Your data will be retained after you import your backup data. It will be good as new.
Part 2: Backup WhatsApp in one-click on PC in case data loss: Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer
We shall state the practical methods that would allow users to back up WhatsApp on PC on a single click. Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer is compatible with iOS and Android OS smartphones. It allows viewing and export the WhatsApp conversations to PC if it’s iOS backup. Follow the steps below to back it up:
- Launch Program on PC and connect the phone with a USB cable. Open “WhatsApp” after selecting “WhatsApp Transfer” from the window.
- Select the “Backup WhatsApp Messages” feature.
- Backup process starts.
- You can view WhatsApp contents after its completion for iPhone backup.
- Select the data you want to export into your PC.
You may be wondering why you cannot view your contact names’ on your WhatsApp. This article is designed to tell you the ways of how you can get your issues fixed with a step-by-step pictorial guide.
You Might Also Like
WhatsApp Tips & Tricks
- 1. About WhatsApp
- WhatsApp Alternative
- WhatsApp Settings
- Change Phone Number
- WhatsApp Display Picture
- Read WhatsApp Group Message
- WhatsApp Ringtone
- WhatsApp Last Seen
- WhatsApp Ticks
- Best WhatsApp Messages
- WhatsApp Status
- WhatsApp Widget
- 2. WhatsApp Management
- WhatsApp for PC
- WhatsApp Wallpaper
- WhatsApp Emoticons
- WhatsApp Problems
- WhatsApp Spam
- WhatsApp Group
- WhatsApp Not Working
- Manage WhatsApp Contacts
- Share WhatsApp Location
- 3. WhatsApp Spy