Best 12 WhatsApp Mod Apps Worth Trying in 2023
Transfer WhatsApp to iOS
- Transfer WhatsApp to iOS
- Transfer WhatsApp From Android to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp From iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Mac
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to PC
- iOS WhatsApp Backup Extractor
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Account
- WhatsApp Tricks for iPhone
Have you ever wondered how you could get more out of your WhatsApp application?
Perhaps you want it to have more features, or you find a certain aspect of the app, such as the file sharing size limit or the built-in privacy options, less than ideal and you wish there was a way to make things better and more suited to you?
Maybe there’s no functionality whatsoever, but you would rather be able to change the look and aesthetic of your WhatsApp application. This means making it more suited to your individual style and reflects your personality. It might even just be to enhance your WhatsApp experience.
If any of these sound like the thing you’re missing from your life, then you’re going to need to get yourself a WhatsApp Mod.
Part 1: WhatsApp Mod? What’s That?
A WhatsApp mod apk is, as the title suggests, a modified version of the WhatsApp application. These mods have been designed by third-party developers or individuals who want to add an increased level of functionality to the app or to add features that previously didn’t exist.
These mods have then been made available to the public by the developer, so everyone can enjoy the benefits. Now, you’re probably wondering what an amazing thing a mod can be; where can you get started?
For the rest of this article, we’re going to explore the top 12 WhatsApp mods you need to know about, as well as describing each one in detail, so you can easily see which one is the best one for you!
Part 2: Top 12 WhatsApp Mod Apps
#1 - GBWhatsApp
GBWhatsApp is easily one of the most well-known of all WhatsApp mod downloads and is enjoyed by thousands of users around the world. The mod introduces a ton of new and exciting features to the app, including the ability to run multiple accounts through the same app, more commonly known as ‘forking.’
Features of GBWhatsApp
- An infinite number of WhatsApp stories
- Complete control over the theme and design of the WhatsApp app
- Hide and password-protect certain conversations and message threads
- A regularly updated mod
- Complete control and management over your blue tick privacy settings
- Supports all Android devices and operating versions
- Mod WhatsApp to reduce sending file size limit
#2 - WhatsApp Plus Mod
WhatsApp Plus is a very similar mod to GBWhatsApp, and the two go hand-in-hand when it comes to being the most popular mod. This mod adds a lot of enhanced functionality to the existing app, as well as carrying the essential anti-ban feature which stops WhatsApp from revoking your WhatsApp access. Download the WhatsApp Plus mod apk to find out for yourself!
Features of WhatsApp Plus
- Near limitless group conversations up to 256 people
- Increases file sending size limit to 30MB
- Doesn’t compress image quality while sending
- Schedule WhatsApp messages
- Complete control over your blue tick privacy settings
- Integrated anti-ban feature
#3 - FMWhatsApp
If you’re looking for a mod whose primary feature is allowing you to run multiple accounts through the same app, perhaps a separate one for friends, family, and business, FMWhatsApp is the mod you need. The mod also provides a range of other features to enhance your experience, and even chucks in a couple of themes to choose from.
Features of FMWhatsApp
- Send files on data or Wi-Fi networks up to 1GB in size
- Comes with 30+ tick and seen bubble designs
- Comes with a range of dedicated preset themes to choose from
- Lock individual conversations using passcode
- Supports video sending up to 5-minutes in length
- Supports multiple phone numbers and WhatsApp accounts through the same app
#4 - WhatsApp MA
Some consider WhatsApp MA to be one of the most powerful of all the WhatsApp mod apk files, and for a good reason. With the ability to enhance all the traditional WhatsApp features by unlocking their true potential, the mod also adds some basic yet essential functionality to give you everything you need.
Features of WhatsApp MA
- Switch between a dark and light theme mode
- Access, view and clear all your WhatsApp log files
- One-touch Private Mode to hide your online status
- Complete control over fonts and font sizes
- Integrated preview for media files without having to download first
#5 - YoWhatsApp
YoWhatsApp, more commonly known as YOWA, is perhaps one of the most aesthetically pleasing mods for WhatsApp and is a must for those looking for a fluid and simply stunning experience. Developed by Yousef-Al-Basha, this is definitely designed for people looking to customize their designs and themes.
Features of YoWhatsApp
- Allows you to use two accounts on the same application
- Has an integrated Do Not Disturb feature
- Completely customize the style and design of your WhatsApp UI
- Customize who sees your blue tick seen icon
- Mod supports over 100+ languages
- Comes with a huge database of emojis for you to use
#6 - Fouad WhatsApp
Fouad WhatsApp is designed to really push the pedal to the metal when it comes to increasing your app’s functionality and adding a ton of new features to your device. With seemingly all areas of WhatsApp enhanced and covered, this regularly updated mod is sure to keep you busy for weeks to come.
Features of Fouad WhatsApp
- Drastically improves the speed of your device when using WhatsApp
- Supports multiple languages around the world
- Create passcode locks for the app or each individual conversation
- Completely customize practically every single design aspect of the app
- A ton of available themes and UIs to download and enjoy
- Choose your emoji prefab from 6+ sources
- Complete control over WhatsApp stories and broadcasts
#7 - OGWhatsApp
If you’re on the hunt for a mod that’s reliable and deemed to be safe by users around the world, OGWhatsApp is where you’ll want to turn your attention. The original mod to allow forking, this high-performance app has a seemingly endless number of features to better your overall experience.
Features of OGWhatsApp
- Dramatically increase the photo, video and audio file size sending limit
- Supports a huge number of themes and aesthetic designs
- Use two different phone numbers and accounts through the same app
- A safe and secure connection for sending messages and files
#8 - AZWhatsApp
Developed by Sam Mods, the AZWhatsApp mod apk contains a plethora of interesting and functionality-enhancing mods that breathe a whole new life into your WhatsApp experience. However, make sure you like red and aren’t a UI designer. Otherwise, you’ll probably want to cry at the design.
Features of AZWhatsApp
- Translate conversations in real-time
- Set GIF images as the wallpapers to conversations
- Increase file sending size limit to 50MB
- Multiple bubbles and font styles and designs to choose from
- Adds the ability to download user stories and broadcasts
#9 - Soula WhatsApp
For those of you looking to tighten up your WhatsApp experience, especially when it comes to the performance of your device and your own privacy settings, download WhatsApp mod known as Soula WhatsApp since this could be the mod-app for you. The mod touches on all aspects of the WhatsApp experience, creating an app that works for you.
Features of Soula WhatsApp
- Can carry out backup and restore functions directly to your device
- Brand-new integrated emoji and font packs
- Improves the security and privacy settings of your WhatsApp application
- Drastically improves device performance while using WhatsApp
- Increases status character limit
- Supports the sending of over 100+ file types
- Send up to 100 images in a single batch
#10 - YCWhatsApp
Looking to completely redefine what your WhatsApp application looks like to give is a stylish and fluid aesthetic that makes for a much more enjoyable experience? YCWhatsApp provides an interesting take on the themes front but still doesn’t compromise when it comes to added bonus features.
Features of YCWhatsApp
- A lightweight mod that only uses 20-23MB of memory
- Enhanced control over your app privacy settings
- UI and graphics inspired by Instagram
- Share longer WhatsApp stories and broadcasts
- Built-in gesture control settings
- Modify all aspects of UI, including font, icons and font size
#11 - ZE WhatsApp
If you’re the kind of person who sends a lot of images through their WhatsApp app, ZE WhatsApp could be the mod to help you remove any restrictions you’ve come across, and to help take your WhatsApp experience to the next level. With lots of image-related features and privacy controls, there may not be any need to look elsewhere or download WhatsApp mod from anywhere else.
Features of ZEWhatsApp
- Built-in automatic reply feature without even reading the message
- Send up to 90 HD images at once
- Customize your blue tick and chat bubble design
- A full range of themes to download and install
- Schedule messages, even sending images and GIFs
- Increases status character count limit
#12 - WhatsApp Indigo
The final WhatsApp mod download we’re talking about today is WhatsApp Indigo; a colorful and welcomed addition to the WhatsApp mod family. With this mod, you’ll be able to add a wealth of creative functionality to your WhatsApp, as well as styling your app to suit your personality.
Features of WhatsApp Indigo
- Complete control over your online status and blue tick statuses
- Increase file sending size limit to 72MB
- Doodle images and drawings within the app to send to others
- Doesn’t compress image quality while sending
- Customize chat bubbles and icons to suit any color you want
Part 3: Cannot Backup WhatsApp Mod Using Google Drive? What Can I Do Now?
As you can see, there are a lot of awesome, highly functional and high-performance WhatsApp mod apk files out there that can do amazing things when it comes to taking your instant messaging experience to the next level. It’s easy to think your options feel limitless.
However, there is a downside to using modded versions of WhatsApp.
Using a modded version of WhatsApp means you won’t have access to this Google Drive backup feature, meaning your messages and files are unprotected in the event that you lose them. Instead, you’ll need to be proactive in making sure your conversations are backed up to your PC.
Think about the kind of messages you have on your device. From little notes from your partner and videos of your children or family to important contacts and information from your business or place of work, it’s easy to underestimate how much important stuff we have in our WhatsApp accounts.
How to Backup WhatsApp Mod to PC
Easily the best and most effective way to back up your WhatsApp messages to your PC is using a third-party application known as Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer. This is a highly functional data transfer wizard that’s leading the industry when it comes to functionality and providing a fantastic user experience
Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer
One-click to transfer WhatsApp messages from One Device to Another Device.
- Transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS, Android to Android, iOS to iOS, and iOS to Android.
- Backup WhatsApp messages from iPhone or Android on your PC.
- Allow restoring any item from the backup to iOS or Android.
- Completely or selectively preview and export WhatsApp messages from iOS backup to your computer.
- Support all iPhone and Android models.
Click here to get WhatsApp Transfer for PC by email
or Try our Wutsapper App on mobile >>>
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Backup WhatsApp Mod Data to PC
If you’re looking to back up your WhatsApp messages, and your modded WhatsApp messages, in the most secure, fastest and easiest way, so you have complete peace of mind, Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer is the software you’ve been looking for.
As we’ve touched on, the software is easy to use, even if you have next-to-no technical skill and can benefit anyone. In fact, here are the three steps you’ll need to take to get yourself up, running and backed up;
Step #1 - Install the Software
Make your way over to the Dr.Fone website and download the Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer software for either your Mac or Windows computer. Once downloaded, install the software onto your computer just like you would any other software by following the onscreen instructions.
When you’re ready, open the software, and you’ll find yourself on the main menu.
Step #2 - Starting Your Backup
On the main menu, click the "WhatsApp Transfer" option, followed by Backup WhatsApp Messages. Now plug in your smartphone device using the official USB cable. The software will now scan your device.
The rest of the process will now happen automatically. You can follow the process onscreen. Make sure your device does not disconnect during this entire process. It shouldn’t take longer than a few minutes, depending on how much content you have to transfer.
Step #3 - Finalizing Your Backup
Once the backup process is complete, you’ll receive a notification on the screen stating you can disconnect your device. Feel free to disconnect your device and continue using your device safe in the knowledge your messages are backed up and secure.
Step #4 - View Your Backup Files (OPTIONAL)
On this last screen, instead of closing the app, you’ll be able to click the ‘View It’ button which will show you the backup files you’ve made of your WhatsApp conversations and media files. You’ll be able to see all the backups from other phones and see the individual messages in each file.
Click here to get Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer for PC by email
or Try our Wutsapper App on mobile >>>
Part 4: Who Should opt for WhatsApp Mod Applications
Despite all the features and functions listed above, you may still be wondering who would actually want to use a WhatsApp mod, and why you would go through the trouble of installing it and backing up your messages, etc.
Granted, the mods aren’t for everyone, and some people will be more than happy just using the official WhatsApp version. However, if you’re on the fence, here are some reasons why you might be interested in using a WhatsApp mod;
People with Multiple Accounts
Imagine you’ve got a work phone and a personal phone, and you use WhatsApp on both devices for two separate reasons. However, instead of having to manage and look after two devices, WhatsApp mod apk files allow you to join the two, so you only need one device.
People Who Want the Best Experience
If you’re the sort of person who loves to customize their phone, so it reflects their personality and the styles and designs you love, there’s no doubt a WhatsApp mod is what you’re looking for. With so many mods offering so many themes and designs, you’ll be spoiled for choice with what your app looks like.
People on Low-Performance Devices
If you’re running WhatsApp on an older device, or one that simply doesn’t have a lot of memory or RAM, you’ll notice the app can run your device power into the ground. However, using a mod means you can enjoy all the benefits of WhatsApp without it grinding your device to a halt.
People Who Want More Functionality
There’s no denying the number of features and functions a WhatsApp mod download can bring to your device. Whether you’re looking to bypass the official WhatsApp limits, such as image sharing limits and file sizes, or you just want more control over your privacy settings, there’s a WhatsApp mod out there for you.
People Who Cherish Their Security
Security is essential in the modern age, especially if you’re a parent dealing with private messages you don’t want anyone else to see, or a businessman working with sensitive data you don’t want to go public. If this is the case, using a WhatsApp mod can help you protect and secure your information.
Part 5: Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Use WhatsApp Mod Applications
As we briefly mentioned above, while WhatsApp mods can be amazing at the experience they can bring to your device, they’re not for everybody, and there may be some reasons why you don’t want to use a WhatsApp mod.
It’s Not 100% Secure
The thing with a WhatsApp mod is that it’s no official so you can never be sure who’s created the software or where it’s come from. This means WhatsApp mods are not 100% secure and verified, and you may never know who else is reading your messages. Choose your sources wisely.
You Might Get Blocked
When running a WhatsApp mod, you’re still using official WhatsApp servers, and every now and then, the official company may block access to the app completely, or may even block your phone number from, having a WhatsApp account entirely. While this is rare, it does still happen.
You Might Download a Virus
It’s very important you pay attention to where you’re downloading your WhatsApp mod APK file from. If you’re downloading from an unsecured or illegitimate source, you never know what you could be downloading, and if you download and install a virus, this might cause a lot of unforeseen problems.