Export WhatsApp Chat to PDF without Knowledge
From smoke signals back in 200 BC in China, to landlines and, eventually, ending up in a sophisticated end-to-end encrypted instant WhatsApp messaging in 2009, humanity has always found methods to communicate over the distance. WhatsApp is currently the most popular instant messaging platform that has registered more than 1.5 billion users each month.
With so many people using it in modern times, it is no wonder you might want to save your WhatsApp chat history on a PDF on your computer. This way, you can view it later on and even print it. If that is the case, you should know how to do that without too much hassle and wasted time. Read on...
Part 1. Export WhatsApp Chat to PDF via Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer
Exporting the WhatsApp conversations as PDF files on your computer from an iPhone has never been easier than by using Dr.Fone. It is innovative software that enables you to back up, transfer and save WhatsApp data from your iPhone or any other device to a PC or even to another smartphone.
Firstly, Dr.Fone will allow you to export all your WhatsApp chat history from your iPhone under HTML format on your PC.
You can do this by taking the following easy steps:
- Install Dr.Fone on your PC. Open the software and click on the “WhatsApp Transfer” button.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC and backup it up using Dr.Fone - WhatsApp Transfer.
- Choose “Restore WhatsApp messages to iOS Device” and click on View button.
- Select the WhatsApp conversations and export to computer with the extension of “.html”.
Afterwards, all you have to do is change the HTML format of the exported data from your device into PDF. You can easily do this by using any HTML to PDF online converting software like, for instance, OnlineConverter.com.
To convert your HTML WhatsApp exported files to PDF format with this program for free, all you have to do is to:
- Go to https://www.onlineconverter.com/.
- Select the THML file that you’d like to convert from the top of the page.
- Click on the “Convert” button.
- After the upload has been completed, you will be directed to a web page that will display the result of the conversion.
Pros of this method:
- A quick solution that allows you to export your WhatsApp chats with just one click.
- The selective solution, meaning you can choose which conversations you would like to export.
- Since the files are initially saved as HTML, you can print them to have them on paper.
- Affordable solution with one-month free trial.
Cons of using Dr.Fone to export your WhatsApp history to PDF by using Dr.Fone:
- The process requires a connection to your PC.
- The files will be saved as HTML initially, after which you will have to convert them into PDF.
Part 2. Export WhatsApp Chat to PDF via a Chrome Extension
Another method you can use to export your WhatsApp chat history to PDF format on your computer is through a chrome extension. A chrome extension is a small program you can use to personalize the functionality of the Chrome browser according to your own needs and preferences.
You could, for example, use the TimelinesAI Chrome extension, which is an app designed mainly for businesses that want to manage and save all their WhatsApp history in one single place. In other words, among other things it facilitates, this particular Chrome extension allows you to export any WhatsApp conversation or file on your PC, as PDF files.
To do that, you will have to follow these three steps:
Step 1. Open WhatsApp Web and log in your WhatsApp.
Step 2. Select the messages you would like to export.
Step 3. Click on the “Export to PDF” button. Transfer the chat history that you want to extract into the app.
Pros of TimelinesAI:
- It gathers all your WhatsApp history in one single place.
- It confers complete security over your WhatsApp files and conversations.
- You can quickly export files into PDF, without having to use third-party software.
Cons of this method:
- It is only primarily meant for businesses.
- Lacking a few key features, such as limited storage space for the one user package.
- More expensive.
Part 3. Export WhatsApp Chat to PDF via Email
Or, if you are not using WhatsApp for business purposes, you could export the WhatsApp chat history into PDF format directly through your Gmail email. This method is particularly useful if you have an iCloud activated email, since the exported files will probably exceed the size of your email limit.
If you want to use this method, follow these instructions:
- Open WhatsApp and the conversation that you wish to export.
- Go to options (the three dots from the top left side of the screen) and click on “More”.
- Select “Export chat”.
- On the pop-up window that appears underneath the chat, select Gmail.
- Fill in your email address in the recipient box and then press the blue arrow indicating the “Send” instruction.
- Open your email and go to the exported WhatsApp chat.
- Click on the arrow icon to download it on your PC.
Now, you will see that the exported WhatsApp chat history will be in a TXT format. Therefore, you will have to use third-party software to convert it to PDF, like the one you read about in Part 1.
Pros of exporting your WhatsApp chats via email in PDF format:
- It comes handy for business purposes, when you have plenty of dealings over WhatsApp.
- If you lose your device or your PC gets broken, you will have the WhatsApp history saved on Google Drive, since Gmail uses this particular online storage platform.
Cons of this alternative:
- It requires more steps.
- You can only export text files.
- The messages that you send on your email will only be available on your email, meaning that they cannot be restored back on the iPhone.
As you can see for yourself, Dr.Fone offers a simple and easy solution to exporting your WhatsApp history to PDF without too much tech knowledge. And here’s the deal: it can be done with just one click. What do you think, what is the most appropriate solution for you? Please let us know your opinion in the form below.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
WhatsApp Tips & Tricks
- 1. About WhatsApp
- WhatsApp Alternative
- WhatsApp Settings
- Change Phone Number
- WhatsApp Display Picture
- Read WhatsApp Group Message
- WhatsApp Ringtone
- WhatsApp Last Seen
- WhatsApp Ticks
- Best WhatsApp Messages
- WhatsApp Status
- WhatsApp Widget
- 2. WhatsApp Management
- WhatsApp for PC
- WhatsApp Wallpaper
- WhatsApp Emoticons
- WhatsApp Problems
- WhatsApp Spam
- WhatsApp Group
- WhatsApp Not Working
- Manage WhatsApp Contacts
- Share WhatsApp Location
- 3. WhatsApp Spy