How to Unlock a Tablet When You Forgot the Password
Are you camping here to learn how to unlock a tablet when you forgot the password, pin, or pattern? Then you're not alone. Android tablets allow users to prevent unauthorized access to their devices by setting up passwords, PINs, and practices. You can even protect your tablet using Touch ID or Face ID. But on the flip side, unlocking your tablet too many times can block it altogether. Of course, that's frustrating, especially if you don't remember your Google account password. But fret not because this guidepost will walk you through how to unlock a tablet with or without a password. Follow me!
Method 1: Unlock a Tablet via an Unlock Tool
If you don't remember your Google account password, don't worry because you can use a third-party computer program like Dr.Fone –Screen Unlock to reset the forgotten password. This program is available for free and compatible with Windows and macOS systems. In addition, Dr.Fone will help you bypass the Factory Reset Protection (FRP) feature, meaning you'll unlock your device without losing the original data. And by the way, it features other tools for backing up data, changing the GPS location, permanently erasing data, etc.
Below are the key features:
- Unlock PIN, Password, Fingerprints, Patterns.
- Compatible with most Android phones like Samsung, OPPO, Huawei, Xiaomi, LG, etc.
- Beginner-friendly and fast password unlock process.
- Unlock Android tablets by bypassing the factory reset process (FRP).
Now follow these steps if you forgot the Android tablet password or PIN:
Step 1. Open Dr.Fone and choose the unlock method on your phone.
Install and run Dr.Fone, then connect your Android tablet to your PC using a USB wire. Then, tap the Screen Unlock tab and choose Unlock Android Screen/FRP.
Step 2. Choose the password unlock type.
On the next screen, choose whether to unlock the Android screen's fingerprint, face ID, password, pattern, or PIN. You can also remove the Google account altogether, although this only works on Samsung phones.
Step 3. Choose the device model.
Now choose the device's brand, name, and model in the next window. That's because the recovery package varies in different smartphone models. Click Next if you're done.
Step 4. Apply the on-screen instructions to unlock the phone.
Once your phone has been verified, follow the on-screen instructions on Dr.Fone to enter the Download Mode on your phone. In a nutshell, power off your phone and long-press the Volume, Power, and Home buttons concurrently. Then, click the Volume Up (+) button to enter the Download Mode.
Step 5. Download the recovery package and unlock your phone.
Your tablet will start downloading the recovery file. You'll see the recovery progress on the Dr.Fone window. If successful, tap Remove Now and access your phone without any restrictions.
- Fast and simple.
- Doesn't erase phone data.
- Works with most Android brands and systems.
- Requires premium subscription to unlock.
- Doesn't work on some Android models.
Method 2: Unlock Tablet via Factory Reset
Another way to access your tablet if you forgot the pattern lock on a Samsung tablet is factory resetting. Although this method is very effective, it will permanently clear all your phone's data. In other words, you'll begin a clean slate on your tablet, which can be very frustrating. So, without wasting time, below is how to Factory Reset your tablet to unlock the screen:
Step 1. Long press the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons simultaneously to launch the Recovery Mode. Remember to release all buttons when the Android logo appears.
Step 2. Navigate the list using the volume buttons until you find the Factory Reset option. To select it, press the Power button.
Step 3. Please navigate to the Delete All User Data option on the next screen and select it. Your Android tablet will reboot after deleting all files in it.
- Fast and effective.
- Free to use.
- Erases all unwanted data, including viruses.
- It deletes all vital phone data.
- Not for beginners.
Method 3: Unlock a Tablet via the "Find My Mobile" Online [Samsung Only]
If you're a Samsung user, use Find My Mobile to wipe out all data on your mobile remotely. In plain words, you can use another device to Factory Reset the blocked tablet. However, you must have a Samsung account to use this convenient feature. Also, the Remote Controls feature on your mobile must be active.
Follow these steps remotely unlock your device with Find My Phone:
Step 1. After creating an account, visit the Find My Phone page and tap Erase Data.
Step 2. Then, press Erase to Factory Reset your tablet remotely. But first, enter your Samsung account password.
Step 3. Finally, tap Ok to wipe your device on the Find My Mobile website.
- Erase and unlock the Samsung device remotely.
- Delete all unwanted data files.
- Lock your device remotely.
- Clean everything on your Samsung phone.
- Requires Samsung account password.
Method 4: Unlock a Tablet with External Data Reset
Are you still struggling to unlock your tablet? It's now time to unlock your device using the ADB feature on Windows Command Prompt. It's a handy tool that lets you perform many basic tasks, including unlocking your tablet. However, ensure that USB debugging is enabled on your phone before using this method. Let's do it!
Step 1. Use a USB wire to connect your tablet to the PC and search "cmd" on the Windows search bar at the bottom-left corner. Now choose the Command Prompt App.
Step 2. Next, enter Android Debug Bridge (ADB) folder by entering this command: C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools >. Note, however, that the ADB.exe location might vary on your system. So, confirm inside the SDK folder.
Step 3. Now type this command: adb shell recovery --wipe_data. Your tablet will immediately begin factory resetting.
- Free to use.
- Unlock your tablet remotely.
- Fast factory resetting method.
- This method is for techies.
- Erases all data.
Unlocking your Android tablet is super easy if you don't have a Google account password. You only need Dr.Fone to handle all your password recovery issues without erasing any data. However, you can Factory Reset your phone if you don't mind losing your phone data.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 1. Android Lock
- 1.1 Android Smart Lock
- 1.2 Android Pattern Lock
- 1.3 Unlocked Android Phones
- 1.4 Disable Lock Screen
- 1.5 Android Lock Screen Apps
- 1.6 Android Unlock Screen Apps
- 1.7 Unlock Android Screen without Google Account
- 1.8 Android Screen Widgets
- 1.9 Android Lock Screen Wallpaper
- 1.10 Unlock Android without PIN
- 1.11 Finger printer Lock for Android
- 1.12 Gesture Lock Screen
- 1.13 Fingerprint Lock Apps
- 1.14 Bypass Android Lock Screen Using Emergency Call
- 1.15 Android Device Manager Unlock
- 1.16 Swipe Screen to Unlock
- 1.17 Lock Apps with Fingerprint
- 1.18 Unlock Android Phone
- 1.19 Huawei Unlock Bootloader
- 1.20 Unlock Android With Broken Screen
- 1.21.Bypass Android Lock Screen
- 1.22 Reset A Locked Android Phone
- 1.23 Android Pattern Lock Remover
- 1.24 Locked out of Android Phone
- 1.25 Unlock Android Pattern without Reset
- 1.26 Pattern Lock Screen
- 1.27 Forgot Pattern Lock
- 1.28 Get Into A Locked Phone
- 1.29 Lock Screen Settings
- 1.30 Remove Xiaomi Patter Lock
- 1.31 Reset Motorola Phone that is Locked
- 2. Android Password
- 2.1 Hack Android Wifi Password
- 2.2 Reset Android Gmail Password
- 2.3 Show Wifi Password
- 2.4 Reset Android Password
- 2.5 Forgot Android Screen Password
- 2.6 Unlock Android Password Without Factory Reset
- 3.7 Forgot Huawei Password
- 3. Bypass Samsung FRP
- 1. Disable Factory Reset Protection (FRP) for Both iPhone and Android
- 2. Best Way to Bypass Google Account Verification After Reset
- 3. 9 FRP Bypass Tools to Bypass Google Account
- 4. Bypass Factory Reset on Android
- 5. Bypass Samsung Google Account Verification
- 6. Bypass Gmail Phone Verification
- 7. Solve Custom Binary Blocked