Best Solutions to Fix iOS 17 StandBy Mode Not Working
iOS 17 brought us a fantastic feature called StandBy mode for iPhones. It lets you personalize your phone with clock faces, widgets, notifications, Live Activities, and important stats when charging and docking in a horizontal position.
As the feature is still new, some users are facing issues with iOS 17 StandBy mode not working correctly on their iPhones. No worries, though. We're here to make sure this feature works for you. We'll walk you through some straightforward steps to fix StandBy mode if there are some issues with the feature.
Part 1: Understanding How the StandBy Mode Works in iOS 17
StandBy iOS 17 is designed to provide users with a full-screen experience that can be easily viewed from a distance when their iPhone is placed on its side and charging. This StandBy mode feature is particularly useful when the iPhone is on a nightstand, kitchen counter, or desk.
Here are some of its functionalities:
- Customize your view: You can make StandBy look the way you want by choosing different clock styles, your favorite photos, or smart widgets that show you the right info at the right time.
- Stay updated from afar: StandBy lets you see live updates and dynamic content without picking up your iPhone.
- Talk to Siri hands-free:You can chat with Siri without unlocking your iPhone while in StandBy mode. It's handy for asking questions or getting things done with just your voice.
- Handle calls and notifications:StandBy helps you manage incoming calls and see notifications on the full screen, so you won't miss important alerts, even when you're not actively using your iPhone.
- MagSafe charging made personal:When you charge your iPhone with MagSafe, StandBy remembers how you like it. Your favorite info or widgets will show up automatically.
- Easy to activate:You can start StandBy with a simple tap. If you have an iPhone 14 Pro with an Always-On display, StandBy is always there, no tapping required.
But sometimes, you might encounter problems such as StandBy mode not working on iOS 17. This could be due to various reasons like software glitches or device compatibility. In such cases, it's important to do some troubleshooting to resolve the issue and fully enjoy this feature.
Part 2: iPhone Models that Support the StandBy Mode
Firstly, if StandBy mode isn't available or not working on your iPhone, it might be due to your device not supporting this feature. If your iPhone is compatible with iOS 17, you should be able to access and use StandBy mode.
You can check on the iPhone models that support the StandBy mode: iPhone 14 series, iPhone 13 series, iPhone 12 series, iPhone 11 series, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone SE.
Part 3: How to Fix iOS 17 StandBy Mode Not Working Issues
After checking that your iPhone model is compatible with StandBy mode on iOS 17, but you're still experiencing issues with it not working correctly, there are some troubleshooting methods you can do to resolve the problem.
Method 1: Ensure StandBy mode is enabled
While it is usually turned on by default, there's a chance it's not activated yet. You can enable or disable the StandBy mode manually by following these steps:
Once you make sure that you have enabled the StandBy mode, lock and charge your iPhone on a MagSafe, Qi-based wireless charger, or Lightning charger for it to work. Remember, your iPhone should be placed in a horizontal position.
Method 2: Ensure that Low Power Mode is off
Low Power Mode can help your iPhone charge more quickly, but it also disables certain services necessary for StandBy mode to work correctly. Here's how to check and turn off Low Power Mode:
Method 3: Be sure to place your iPhone on an upright charger
As previously mentioned, your iPhone should be positioned in landscape orientation on an upright charger for StandBy mode to function properly. If it's still not working, make sure the Portrait Orientation Lock is off:
Method 4: Enable Always On settings for iPhone 14 Pro or higher
iPhones with Always On displays offer extra settings to customize how StandBy mode works. One feature is smart face detection, which turns off the display when you're not looking at it. But, if you turn on this face detection while keeping the Always On display off, it might cause StandBy mode to act strangely.
In such cases, you can fix StandBy mode by checking and adjusting your Always On settings. Here are the steps to help you fix iOS 17 StandBy mode through Always On settings:
Method 5: Reset your iPhone settings
If the StandBy mode not working iOS 17 issue persists, it may be necessary to reset your iPhone settings, as there could be configuration-related bugs causing the problem.
Then, your iPhone will restart and reset all settings. After it turns back on, you can then re-enable StandBy in the Settings app and try using it while your device is connected to power and idle in landscape mode.
Advanced Solution: Troubleshoot StandBy Mode Not Working Issues with Easy Software
In case none of the methods above not working, you can turn to advanced software solutions for a more in-depth fix. There is an easy-to-use software that provides a comprehensive approach to resolving StandBy mode iOS 17 problems, which is Wondershare Dr.Fone.
Repair iOS System Errors Without data loss.
Dr.Fone has a system repair tool that offers several key features:
- Easily enter or exit DFU and Recovery Modesfor free.
- Solve various problems without losing your data.
- User-friendly interface with easy navigation.
How to fix iOS 17 StandBy Mode not working with Dr.Fone system repair tool:
Make sure you have downloaded and installed the Dr.Fone software. After installation, open the software and go to the "System Repair" section. Select "iOS System Repair."
4,624,541 people have downloaded it
Within Dr.Fone, select "Standard Repair" mode to ensure a safe repair process without risking your iPhone's data.
Follow the Dr.Fone instructions to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode using Dr.Fone. You need to put it into Recovery Mode to repair the system effectively.
While your iPhone is in Recovery Mode, Dr.Fone will automatically detect the iPhone model and iOS version you are using. It will then download the suitable iOS firmware according to your iPhone's specifications.
After you download the firmware through Dr.Fone, click "Repair Now" and start the iOS system repair process.
iOS 17's StandBy mode is a convenient addition to your iPhone's functionality. This feature enables users to personalize their phones with clock faces, widgets, notifications, Live Activities, and important information while their phone is charging and placed in a landscape position.
While some users may encounter initial challenges, we've outlined all the best methods to solve this issue, and you can try the one that best fits your situation. We hope you find it helpful to solve the iOS 17 StandBy mode not working issue and enjoy the full benefits of this feature on your iPhone. Happy exploring!
4,624,541 people have downloaded it
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
iOS Repair Solutions
- iPhone Problems
- iPhone Keeps Freezing
- iPhone Got Bricked
- iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- iPhone Stuck On White Screen
- iPhone Black Screen of Death
- iPhone Red Screen of Death
- iPhone Stuck on Connect to iTunes
- iPhone Camera is black
- iPhone Front Camera Not Working
- iPhone Sim Not Supported
- iPhone Reboot Loop
- iPhone Cannot Get Mail
- iPhone Battery Draining Fast
- iPhone Overheating While Charging
- iPhone Apps Stuck on Loading
- iPhone Flashlight Greyed Out
- iPhone Plays Music by Itself
- iPhone Screen Won't Rotate
- iPhone Won't Play Music
- iPhone Silent Switch Not Working
- iPhone Stuck on Charging Screen
- iPhone Volume Button Is Stuck
- Airpods Won't Connect to iPhone
- Apple Pencil Keeps Disconnecting
- iPhone Proximity Sensor
- Find My iPhone Problems
- Save A Water Damaged iPhone
- SIM Failure on iPhone
- Yahoo Mail Not Working on iPhone
- iPhone Quick Start Not Working
- iPhone Recent Calls not Showing
- Can't Update/Restore iPhone
- iPhone Activation Error
- iPhone Error 35
- iPhone Error 75
- iPhone Error 78
- iPhone Error 2015
- iPhone Error 7005
- iPad/iPod Problems
- Common iPad Problems
- iPad Apps Freezing
- Apps Not Downloading on iPad
- Cannot Connect to App Store
- iPad Screen Flickering
- iPad Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi
- iPad Not Charging
- iPad Email Problems
- iPad Ghost Touch and Typing
- iPad Magic Keyboard Not Working
- iPad Power Button Not Working
- iPod Stuck on the Apple Logo
- iTunes Problems
- Cannot Connect to iTunes Store
- iTunes Won't Open on Windows
- iTunes Stopped Working on Windows
- iTunes Match Not Working
- iTunes Corrupt Backup
- Top iTunes Remote for Android
- Top iTunes Alternatives for Android
- Update iTunes On Computer
- iTunes Error 9
- iTunes Error 11
- iTunes Error 21
- iTunes error 54
- iTunes Error 2005/2003
- iTunes Error 2009
- iTunes Error 3014
- iTunes Error 9006
- iOS Upgrade & Downgrade
- Update iPhone with/without iTunes
- Download and Install iOS 16
- Top iOS Downgrade Tools
- Downgrade iOS without iTunes
- Downgrade From iOS 15 to iOS 14
- iPhone Stuck On Verifying
- iPhone Error 1110 While Updating
- AirPlay Not Working After Update
- iPhone Can't Make Calls afterUpdate
- Photos Disappeared iPhone after Update
- Downgrade iOS 16 to iOS 15
- Reset iDevice
- Reset iPhone with iTunes
- Reset iPhone without iTunes
- Hard Reset iPhone Without PC
- Reset iPod without iTunes
- iPhone Reset Tips
- Reset iPhone Password
- Reset iPhone Without Apple ID
- DFU Mode
- Top Tools to Enter DFU Mode
- Backup iOS in DFU Mode
- Restore iOS from DFU Mode
- Exit DFU Mode
- Recover Data from DFU Mode
- Put iPhone in DFU Mode
- Recovery Mode