3 Ways to Transfer Data from Old iPad to iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 3
- Solution 1: Transfer old iPad data to iPad Pro/Air 2/iPad Mini with iTunes
- Solution 2: Move data from old iPad to iPad Pro/Air 2/ Mini by using iCloud
- Solution 3: One Click to Transfer old iPad data to iPad Pro/Air/iPad Mini
- Ensure that you have installed the latest version of iTunes, and launch it.
- Connect the old iPad to the computer.
- Click your old iPad under DEVICES in the iTunes sidebar and choose BACK Up Now.
- When the backup process is completed, you can disconnect your old iPad and keep iTunes running
- Connect the iPad Pro/Air to the computer. When it appears under DEVICES, right-click it and then select Restore Backup….
- Choose the newest backup file and click Restore.
Pros: iTunes can backup and restore most data on iPad (iOS 9 supported) for free. The data include purchased songs, podcasts, books, apps, photos and videos taken and shot with iPad, contacts, messages, wallpapers, app data and more.
Cons: It's time-consuming. Media files synced from the computer are not allowed to be backed up and restored. Besides, the backup process may be failed to start and something wrong may happen to terminate the backup and restore process in midway.
- Open your old iPad and turn on WiFi networks.
- Tap Setting and navigate to iCloud. Then, tap Storage & Backup. Turn on iCloud Backup and tap OK. And then, tap Back Up Now.
- After the backup is complete, check the last Backup time to ensure that your backup was successful.
- Turn on your new iPad Pro/Air and follow the instructions coming on the screen. Select a language and country, decide whether you enable the local services. And Turn on the WiFi networks.
- When it prompts to set up your iPad (iOS 9 supported), choose Restore from iCloud Backup and then enter your apple id and passwords.
- Choose the latest backup of your old iPad and tap Restore. Wait a moment until your new iPad Pro/Air is restored from the backup successfully.
Pros: iCloud helps you backup and restore most of data. They're the purchased history of music, TV shows, movies, apps, and books (not themselves), photos and video saved in the Camera Roll, devices setting, messages, ringtones, visual voice mail, home screen, apps data and so on.
Cons: It needs stable WiFi networks to make sure the backup and restore process. It takes much time. Worse still, as for the media not-purchased from iTunes, iCloud fails to backup and restore.
What if you want to copy the non-purchased items to your new iPad Pro/Air? It's easy now. The Dr.Fone - Phone Transfer comes for your help. It's professionally designed for helping you transfer data between any two phones and tablets when they run Android, iOS or Symbian (only Windows version supports transferring files to and from Symbian devices). It gives you the power to transfer all music, calendar, messages, videos, photos and contacts from the old iPad to iPad Pro/Air with a single click. You can transfer all you data from old iPad to iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad air 3 or iPad Mini 3, ipad mini 4, easily and quickly. Quite convenient, isn't it?
Transfer Data from Old iPad to iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 3
- Easily transfer photos, videos, calendar, contacts, messages and music from iPad to iPad Pro.
- Enable to transfer from HTC, Samsung, Nokia, Motorola and more to iPhone X/8/7S/7/6S/6 (Plus)/5s/5c/5/4S/4/3GS.
- Works perfectly with Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Google, HUAWEI, Motorola, ZTE, Nokia and more smartphones and tablets.
- Fully compatible with major providers like AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile.
- Fully compatible with iOS 15 and Android 12
- Fully compatible with Windows 10 and Mac 10.13.
Steps to transfer data from old iPad to iPad Pro/Air/Min
Step 1. Connect both iPads to computer
Download and install Dr.Fone on the computer. Double-click the installation package on the computer screen to launch it. In the primary window, click "Phone Transfer". This brings up the iPad transfer window.
Connect both of your old iPad and iPad Pro/Air to the computer. The software will detect and show them in this window.
Step 2. Transfer from old iPad to iPad Pro/Air
As you see, all the data that are allowed to transfer are listed and checked between the both iPads, including music, video, photos, calendar, iMessages and contacts. Go and click "Start Transfer". Then, the old iPad to iPad Pro/Air data transfer begins. Be sure that neither iPad is disconnect in the whole course.
Pros: Both the purchased and non purchased items are allowed to transfer. Besides, the current data on iPad Pro/Air won't be removed before the data on old iPad is imported. Additionally, It doesn't need any WiFi networks, and the transfer process is extremely quick and safe.
Cons:This software is helpless when you want to restore settings, app, app data and visual voice mail.
That's all about how to transfer data to new iPad Pro/Air from the old iPad. Choose a method you like and have a try.
After the data transfer, you may want to manage your new iPad Pro/Air. Dr.Fone -Switch is a good choice. It is one click to transfer all your datas to your iPad.
Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- Transfer from iPhone
- Transfer from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer Notes from iPhone to Android
- Transfer SMS from iPhone to Android
- Transfer Photos from iPhone to Android
- Transfer Large Size Videos and Photos from iPhone X/8/7/6S/6 (Plus)
- iPhone to Android Transfer
- Transfer from iPad
- Transfer from iPad to iPod
- Transfer from iPad to Android
- Transfer from iPad to iPad
- Transfer from iPad to Samsung
- Transfer from Other Apple Services