4 Workable Methods to Fake GPS location on iPhone
This can sound uncanny to many but faking GPS in iOS can sometimes be the need of the hour. The trick is to misguide the apps about your location. Putting it simply, there are times when you need to deceive the apps in your iPhone that you are not located where you actually are.
A lot of reasons can be behind doing this such as when you wish to enjoy a location-based game like Pokemon Go or show-off your family about visiting a famous place etc. Coming to the point, the process of iOS spoofing location can be tricky as there is no straightforward or built-in option. However, we are going to help you out for the same. Read this article carefully and know how you can fake GPS on iPad/iPhone.
Fake iOS GPS? Any risks?
Prior to initiating with this, it is to be noted that though spoofing location on iPhone is no less than fun, there are some risks involved with it. In this section, we are going to make aware with some of the risks that can come your way when you think of a location faker in iOS 12 or any other iOS.
- One of the possibilities that can ruin your fun is that the apps designed for faking GPS on iPhone can mess up with the original apps settings in your device.
- Secondly, on web, there are various harmful websites that are blocked for your safety based on the geological location. So if you fake your current location, these websites or apps can ge access to your browser or device which is indeed risky for you.
- Also, you may have to face some consequences even if you delete the fake GPS app from the device like malfunctioning in the original GPS.
- More than this, legal repercussions can also come your way and you may need to handle it for faking GPS.
Solution 1: Fake iOS GPS location with a location simulator
If you wish to spoof location on iPhone and even wish to show off people the route between the two destinations, the best that can help you is dr.fone – Virtual Location (iOS). With the help of this, you will not only just fake location on iOS but can simulate the movement between two and multiple spots. We are going to show you how. Have a look below for the steps. Before moving, ensure to download this location spoofer for iOS and install it on PC.
4,039,074 people have downloaded it
Step 1: Launch the iOS GPS spoof tool on your PC and go to the “Virtual Location” tab when you enter the main interface.
Step 2: Now, connect your iPhone to the computer and click on “Get Started” option on the screen.
Step 3: In the following window, the actual location can be easily found. If you can’t find it, click on the “Center On” icon (found at the lower right side) and the accurate location will be shown.
Step 4: From the three modes given at the upper right side of the screen, choose the third one to activate the “teleport mode”. Then, type the name of the location in the field and tap “Go”.
Step 5: When the system will get the location correctly, it will bring a small pop-up box n the screen. It can tell you the distance of the entered place. Please click the “Move Here” button.
Step 6: Congratulation! You have successfully faked GPS in iOS device. Your iPhone will show the fake location now in the location-based apps.
Simulate the Route Movement between two Places
Step 1: After when you launch the tool and start the process, you need to hit on the first icon at the upper right to select “one-stop route”.
Step 2: Choose the spot on the map where you want to move. You will notice a pop-up box informing you the distance.
Step 3: Choose the mode of speed you want to use to walk, like for example, the cycling speed. Click on “Move Here” from the pop-up.
Step 4: Again, a pop-up will come where you have to enter a number. This number will depict how many times you are up to travelling between the two spots. Once you are done with this, click “March” button.
Step 5: The GPS spoofing on iPhone and simulation of movement will begin now. You can track the movement and the position will be seen moving with the speed that you chose previously.
Solution 2: Spoof iPhone location with an app
Jailbreaking could be an easy method but a lot of people avoid it. So, if you wish to iPhone GPS spoof without jailbreak, choosing this method will be a great idea. Using the app Nord VPN, you will be able to fake the location on the social media thereby showing others that you are on a vacation. Here is how you can do it.
- Simply download the app on your iPhone in the first place.
- Install and launch it right after that.
- Once you launch, you need to tap on the “On” button at the bottom of the screen.
- You can now adjust the location and fake it.
Solution 3: Fake iOS GPS by using a computer program
If you are not comfortable downloading an extra app on your phone to serve the purpose, the next method that awaits you to fake GPS on iPad/iPhone is a computer program named Xcode. Here, we are bringing how you can accomplish the faking task with this.
Step 1: Get the Program Installed and set up a Dummy App
- Start with heading to the App Store on your Mac. Search the Xcode application and begin for the installation on your PC.
- After the app gets installed, you need to launch it. You will notice the Xcode window on your screen. Subsequently, setup a fresh project followed by clicking "Single View Application". Once done, click on “Next”.
- You can now provide a name for your project and click on “Next”.
Step 2: Proceed to setup GIT on Xcode
- You will now see a pop-up on the next screen asking “Please tell me who you are”. Also, there will be some GIT commands on the screen that needs to be applied. Now, launch the terminal on your Mac and go along with the commands given below.
- git config --global user.email "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- git config --global user.name "your name"
Note: Make alterations on “email@example.com” and “your name” with your information.
Step 3: Move your Location Head
Now, go for the “Debug” menu. Followed by this, hit on “Simulate Location” and you can choose the location according to your preference. You are good to go now.
Solution 4: Fake iOS GPS by jailbreaking your iOS
The next method to spoof location on iPhone is by jailbreak your device. When you jailbreak your device, you get the opportunity to make changes to most of the native settings in your device. However, this method can give a hard time as it depends on the iOS version you are using. We are introducing ‘The Anywhere!’ app for the purpose and this can work on iOS 11 well. Here is the guide for this.
- Download the ‘The Anywhere!’ location faking Cydia app on your phone.
- Install and launch the app from your Home screen.
- Navigate for the location that you want to fake.
- Tap on it and a red pin will appear on the address.
- Next, tap on the blue tab on the coming screen.
- You can now select the apps on which you wish to fake GPS location on iOS.
- Simply open the selected app now and you could see the new location on it.
We made you familiar with useful iOS location spoofers. We hope that we could assist you and you could learn the process well. If you need any more help in future, simply drop us the comment below and we will update you more such interesting topics. Thanks for reading and stay tuned with us.
- Reviews about GPS spoofers
- Spoof Pokemon Go
- Fake GPS for Pokemon Go
- Spoof Pokemon Go on iPhone
- Best 7 Pokemon Go spoofers for iOS
- Android Pokemon Go spoofing tricks
- Fake GPS on Android Pokemon Go
- Teleport in Pokemon Go
- Hatch Pokemon eggs without moving
- Pokemon Go walking hack
- Use Joystick to play Pokemon Go
- Change device location
- Fake GPS on iPhone
- Fake GPS on Android
- Best 10 mock location apps
- Mock location on Android
- Location spoofers for Android
- Mock GPS on Samsung
- Fake location on social apps