Why Your WhatsApp Location is Not Updating and How to Fix
WhatsApp is a free messaging app owned by Meta, initially Facebook. Currently, this platform boasts over two billion active users, even outshining Messenger and WeChat. One of the reasons WhatsApp is popular is letting users share their live location with individuals and group chats. However, sometimes you may experience the annoying WhatsApp location not updating issue. Luckily, this article has a solution to this problem. We'll also address how to share my location on the WhatsApp issue. Let's learn!
Part 1: Why is WhatsApp Live Location Not Updating?
First and foremost, let's discuss some of the reasons why your WhatsApp live location is not updating on Android or iPhone. Below are some of them:
1. Weak internet connection
You should be conversant with the idea that WhatsApp can't function without the internet. In other words, you can't send or receive messages and calls without strong internet. And the same applies to updating your live location.
2. Disabled location feature
Here's another reason why WhatsApp live location is not updating on iPhone or Android. While signing up, WhatsApp will request to access your phone's GPS location. Therefore, disabling this feature by mistake can prevent WhatsApp from updating your location.
3. Inappropriate time and date
Although uncommon with modern phones, this can be another reason for a wrong live location on WhatsApp. Therefore, connect your phone to the internet to update your date and time. You might also want to restart your phone and see if it works.
Part 2. How to Fix WhatsApp Live Location Not Updating Problem?
Now that you already know why WhatsApp's live location isn't updating, it's time to check out the solutions. Let's go!
Step 1. Restart internet connection
Sometimes, it only takes a simple phone restart to get things back on track. Of course, this will also sort out any bugs in your WhatsApp app. Another thing, you can enable and disable "flight mode" to restart your data connection.
Step 2. Update the app and phone
When last did you update your system and apps? You should constantly update your apps and phone system to enjoy better performance and security. It is straightforward!
Step 3. Enable location service
You can also check if your location service is enabled on iPhone or Android settings. On iPhone, click Settings > Privacy > Location Service. It's even easier on Android. Swipe down your screen, long-press the GPS button, and enable the Location toggle.
Step 4. Reset location service on iPhone
iPhone users can try to reset the Location & Service settings. To do that, open Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy.
Step 5. Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp
If all else fails, then it's probably time to get handy. Simply uninstall your WhatsApp app and then get a newer version on Play Store or App Store. But often, this won't be necessary after updating the app.
Part 3: [WhatsApp Tip] Fake WhatsApp Live Location with Unreal Accuracy
There have been multiple security concerns about WhatsApp before. But while the jury is still out, do yourself a favor and protect your live location from spyware and other users. Also, you might want to spoof WhatsApp location for business purposes and prank friends.
That said, learning to fake location on WhatsApp is super simple with Dr.Fone - Virtual Location. With this GPS app, you can teleport your WhatsApp live location to anywhere in the world. And to make your new location more believable, this program lets you simulate movements by foot, scooter, or car. Remember, it works with all iPhone/Android versions and other social media apps like Pokemon Go, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
1-Click Location Changer for both iOS and Android
Below is how to spoof WhatsApp live location with Dr.Fone:
Step 1. Open the Virtual Location tool.
Install and launch Dr.Fone on PC, and then connect your phone to the PC with a USB firewire. Then, tap the Virtual Location button on the home page and click Get Started on the pop-up window.
Step 2. Connect your phone to Dr.Fone.
To connect your phone to this all-in-one software, enable "transfer files" instead of "charging" on your phone. Then, enable USB debugging under the settings tab. On Android, just click Settings >Additional Settings > Developer options > USB debugging.
Step 3. Choose a new WhatsApp live location to share.
After USB debugging is on, tap Next and enter the new location on the search field at the top-left corner. Now choose the area and tap Move Here. Interestingly, you can choose a movement route and customize the speed. And there is that!
Part 4. How to Send Live Location on WhatsApp?
Back in 2017, WhatsApp rolled out a brand-new feature that allows users to send their live location to family and friends. This location can come in handy if you want to meet up somewhere or let your friends and family know you're safe and secure. And lest I forget, you can also use it to prank your friends.
Note, however, that WhatsApp only allows you to share your real-time location for 8 hours, 1 hour, or 15 minutes. In other words, this gives you control over how long users can see you on the map. Moreover, this information can't be shared with anyone once you stop sharing.
So without wasting time, here's how to send live location on WhatsApp for Android or iPhone:
Step 1. Enable the GPS service on your phone by clicking the GPS button on the control panel.
Step 2. Open WhatsApp and tap the group chat or individual chat with which you want to share the location.
Step 3. Now click the Attach button on the text field and click Location.
Step 3. Allow WhatsApp access to your device's location and then press the Share Live Location button.
Step 3. Last but not least, set the duration your contact will view your location, add a comment, and tap the Send button. That's it!
Note: As you can see, WhatsApp relies on your GPS location to share your actual location. So, use Wondershare Dr.Fone to change your device's location and then share it on WhatsApp.
Part 5: How to Fix Common WhatsApp Issues on Android & iPhone
Wondershare Dr.Fone is the perfect tool to handle all your WhatsApp issues. Below are some common issues it can help you with:
- Lost Messages
Sometimes you might accidentally or intentionally delete WhatsApp chats or messages. Fortunately, Dr.Fone can help you dig out and recover those messages with a simple click. Just launch the Data Recovery tool, connect your phone to the software, and Dr.Fone will scan for all lost and current messages.
- Transfer WhatsApp data
Thanks to the fast-paced mobile technology, it's inevitable to migrate to a new phone. But you'll have to sacrifice all your WhatsApp data. Luckily, Dr.Fone allows you to backup, restore, and transfer all WhatsApp data.
- Backup WhatsApp Business chats
Having a WhatsApp Business account is vital if you're an online marketer. Here, you can create a business profile and enjoy quick replies, automatic messaging, accurate statistics, etc. So, to avoid losing your invoices and other business chats, use Dr.Fone to back up and transfer your WhatsApp Business chats to a new phone.
Wrap it Up!
See, there's nothing complex about the WhatsApp live location not updating issue. Just update and restart the app or check your location settings if it's enabled. And, of course, use Dr.Fone to share a fake location on WhatsApp and perform other WhatsApp tasks like backing up and transferring data. Thank me later!
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking