[Solved] Complete Guide on How to Change/Fake Your Location on Viber
Viber is one of the most commonly used messenger apps. It allows you to send short messages like texts, videos, images, audio, and documents. Viber also has another exciting feature that will enable you to share your location. But sometimes, you might want to change location on Viber to prank your friends or for security purposes. So, read on to learn how to fake location on Viber with some simple solutions.
Part 1: What is the My Location feature on Viber?
If you’ve used WhatsApp’s location feature before, you’ll know what Viber’s “My Location” is all about. With this feature, you can share your live location for whatever reasons you may have. For example, you may want to share your live location with your kids or vice-versa. Or, you might simply want to share a fake location on Viber with your nosy friends.
But as good as it sounds, this live location feature is enabled by default on your iPhone/Android browser. Therefore, you can send a location on Viber without knowing. This can be advantageous to stalkers or even cause misunderstanding in your relationship. What’s worse, it shares your actual location with every text you send. But fret not because this post will help you disable or enable My Location on Viber according to your needs.
Part 2: How to disable or enable My Location on Viber?
So, without wasting too much time, let’s find out the steps to disable/enable Viber location-sharing feature. It’s straightforward.
Step 1. Fire up your Viber app on mobile or PC and tap the Chats button. Here, proceed to open a chat that you want to enable/disable location sharing.
Step 2. Next, tap the Ellipsis (three dots) icon at the top-right corner of the screen and choose Chat Info. Alternatively, simply swipe the screen to the left.
Step 3. On the Chat Info window, simply enable or disable the Attach location always toggle. It’s done!
Pro tip: You might be wondering how to share your actual Viber location with a chat or group. Again, this is very straightforward. Simply open the conversation and tap the three dots on the text field. Then, click the Share Location button and choose your location on the Google map. Lastly, tap Send location to share the Viber location with your selected contact.
Part 3: Can I send a fake location on Viber, and How?
So, is it possible to Viber's fake location? Unfortunately, Viber doesn’t allow users to share a different place from the real one. That’s because the app asks to automatically access your actual location data using Wi-Fi or GPS while signing up. Therefore, based on the permission you set yourself, the answer is NO.
But nothing is impossible in the tech world. You can easily instruct Viber to share a different location using a third-party app or service like Dr.Fone - Virtual Location. With this professional GPS tool, you teleport your Viber location to anywhere in the world with a simple mouse click.
It’s compatible with Android/iOS devices and boasts a simple-to-understand map. Interestingly, you can walk or drive to your new location and even stop between destinations to make it more believable. It’s nothing complex!
You can check out the this video for further instruction.
Key features of Dr.Fone - Virtual Location:
- Compatible with all Android and iOS versions.
- Teleport Viber location to anywhere in the world.
- Walk or drive to your new Viber location.
- Simulate Viber movements with custom speed.
- Works with Pokemon Go, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Viber, etc.
Steps to change Viber location with Dr.Fone:
Step 1. Launch Dr.Fone Virtual Location.
Install and run Wondershare Dr.Fone on your Windows/Mac computer, and then tap the Virtual Location tab on the Home page.
Step 2. Connect your phone to Dr.Fone with a USB cable.
Connect your smartphone to your PC using a USB wire and tap Get Started on the new Dr.Fone pop-up window. Remember to enable the “File Transfer” option on your smartphone instead of “Charging.”
Step 3. Link your phone to Dr.Fone via USB debugging
Press the Next button to begin connecting your phone to Dr.Fone. If the connection fails, enable USB debugging on your phone by following the on-screen instructions. On Android phones, tap Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > USB debugging. In addition, set Dr.Fone as the mock location app on your phone.
Step 4. Enter the GPS coordinates or location address.
If the connection is successful, the Virtual Location map will launch automatically on Dr.Fone. Now enter the coordinates or address in the location field at the top-left corner. After finding the exact location that you want, simply tap Move Here before sharing your new location on Viber. That is easy, right?
Part 4: Why send fake location on Viber?
Now that you know how to spoof location on Viber. Let’s discuss some reasons to spoof location on this messaging app. Below are some common ones:
- Protect your privacy
Many people don’t want other online users to have a clue of their actual whereabouts. If you’re one of them, use a third-party tool to spoof your Viber location on your iPhone or Android.
- Prank your friends
Do you want to show your friends that you’re in London or New York when you’re in some remote village/town somewhere in reality? Yes, that sounds cool!
- Improve sales
If you’re a digital marketer, you might want to convince your potential clients that the goods are from a specific region or city close to them. Believe it or not, this can lead to more sales closures.
Wrap it Up!
You can share your live location on Viber just like you would on Facebook, WhatsApp, and other social media apps. But because most of these apps don’t allow you to share fake locations, I recommend Dr.Fone change your area to anywhere in the world. Give it a try!
- Change Location on iPhone
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for iPhone
- 2. Fake GPS Location on iPhone
- 3. Change Home Address on iPhone
- 4. Change Weather Location on iPad
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. Fix the iPhone GPS not Working Issue
- 7. Fix “No Location Found” on iPhone
- 8. Fix “Location Not Available” on iPhone
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs. "Location Not Available"
- Change Location on Android
- 1. Best Fake GPS Location Apps for Android
- 2. GPS on Android
- 3. Android Location Settings
- 4. Fake GPS No Root
- 5. Fake GPS on Huawei Safely
- 6. Fake Android GPS without Mock Location
- Hide Location on ios & Android
- 1. Fake Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 6. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 7. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 8. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 9. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- Pokemon GO Spoofing Tips
- 1. iSpoofer Alternative for Pokémon GO
- 2. Pokemon Go Hack iOS
- 3. Pokemon Go Hack Android
- 4. Flg Pokemon go
- 5. Pokémon GO scanner
- 6. Go-tcha Classic for Pokémon Go
- 7. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 8. Hatch Eggs in Pokémon Go Without Walking
- 9. Fake Pokémon Go Location on iPhone
- 10. Pokémon Go Joystick Android No Root
- 11. Teleport in Pokémon GO
- 12. List of Pokémon Go Joysticks
- 13. Safest Pokémon GO Joystick
- 14. Does PokeGo++ still work
- 15. Pokemon Go iSpoofer & PokeGO++ Hack Cydia Impactor
- Pokémon GO Guides
- 1. Pokémon Go CP Calculator Tips
- 2. Pokémon Go Community Day
- 3. Top Pokemon in Pokémon Go
- 4. Get More Rare Candy in Pokémon Go
- 5. Pokémon Go Special Trade Tips
- 6. Get More Pokeballs in Pokémon Go
- 7. Pokémon Go Level-up Tips
- 8. Pokémon Go Lucky Trade Tips
- 9. Change Nickname in Pokémon Go
- 10. Pokémon Go Transferring Tips
- 11. Pokémon Go Trade Distance Guide
- 12. Pokémon Go Spotlight Hour Guide
- 13. Troubleshoot Pokemon GO Error 12
- 14. Pokémon Go Unable to Authenticate
- 15. Fix Pokémon Go Black Screen Error
- 16. Fix Pokémon Go Error 11 GPS Signal Not Found
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Top 15 Games like Pokémon Go
- 2. 6 Best GPS Games To Play Outdoors
- 3. Must-Have Apps for Harry Potter Fans
- 4. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 5. Wizards Unite Hacks and Cheats
- 6. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 7. Tricks to Level Up in Walking Dead
- 8. Tips To Play Ingress Prime
- 9. Ingress vs. Ingress Prime Comparison
- 10. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 11. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 12. Tips and Hacks for Captain Tsubasa
- 13. Captain Tsubasa Dream Team Player
- 14. Tips To Play The AR Game-Anomaly
- 15. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Change Location on Facebook Dating
- 4. Change Location on Twitter
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Fake mSpy GPS
- 9. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Change Instagram Business Location
- 12. Change Location on Twitter
- 13. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold for Free
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6. Fix Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder by Name
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking