[Solved] Complete Guide on How to Change/Fake Your Location on Viber
Viber is one of the most commonly used messenger apps. It allows you to send short messages like texts, videos, images, audio, and documents. Viber also has another exciting feature that will enable you to share your location. But sometimes, you might want to change location on Viber to prank your friends or for security purposes. So, read on to learn how to fake location on Viber with some simple solutions.
Part 1: What is the My Location feature on Viber?
If you’ve used WhatsApp’s location feature before, you’ll know what Viber’s “My Location” is all about. With this feature, you can share your live location for whatever reasons you may have. For example, you may want to share your live location with your kids or vice-versa. Or, you might simply want to share a fake location on Viber with your nosy friends.
But as good as it sounds, this live location feature is enabled by default on your iPhone/Android browser. Therefore, you can send a location on Viber without knowing. This can be advantageous to stalkers or even cause misunderstanding in your relationship. What’s worse, it shares your actual location with every text you send. But fret not because this post will help you disable or enable My Location on Viber according to your needs.
Part 2: How to disable or enable My Location on Viber?
So, without wasting too much time, let’s find out the steps to disable/enable Viber location-sharing feature. It’s straightforward.
Step 1. Fire up your Viber app on mobile or PC and tap the Chats button. Here, proceed to open a chat that you want to enable/disable location sharing.
Step 2. Next, tap the Ellipsis (three dots) icon at the top-right corner of the screen and choose Chat Info. Alternatively, simply swipe the screen to the left.
Step 3. On the Chat Info window, simply enable or disable the Attach location always toggle. It’s done!
Pro tip: You might be wondering how to share your actual Viber location with a chat or group. Again, this is very straightforward. Simply open the conversation and tap the three dots on the text field. Then, click the Share Location button and choose your location on the Google map. Lastly, tap Send location to share the Viber location with your selected contact.
Part 3: Can I send a fake location on Viber, and How?
So, is it possible to Viber's fake location? Unfortunately, Viber doesn’t allow users to share a different place from the real one. That’s because the app asks to automatically access your actual location data using Wi-Fi or GPS while signing up. Therefore, based on the permission you set yourself, the answer is NO.
But nothing is impossible in the tech world. You can easily instruct Viber to share a different location using a third-party app or service like Dr.Fone - Virtual Location. With this professional GPS tool, you teleport your Viber location to anywhere in the world with a simple mouse click.
It’s compatible with Android/iOS devices and boasts a simple-to-understand map. Interestingly, you can walk or drive to your new location and even stop between destinations to make it more believable. It’s nothing complex!
You can check out the this video for further instruction.
4,039,074 people have downloaded it
Key features of Dr.Fone - Virtual Location:
- Compatible with all Android and iOS versions.
- Teleport Viber location to anywhere in the world.
- Walk or drive to your new Viber location.
- Simulate Viber movements with custom speed.
- Works with Pokemon Go, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Viber, etc.
Steps to change Viber location with Dr.Fone:
Step 1. Launch Dr.Fone Virtual Location.
Install and run Wondershare Dr.Fone on your Windows/Mac computer, and then tap the Virtual Location tab on the Home page.
Step 2. Connect your phone to Dr.Fone with a USB cable.
Connect your smartphone to your PC using a USB wire and tap Get Started on the new Dr.Fone pop-up window. Remember to enable the “File Transfer” option on your smartphone instead of “Charging.”
Step 3. Link your phone to Dr.Fone via USB debugging
Press the Next button to begin connecting your phone to Dr.Fone. If the connection fails, enable USB debugging on your phone by following the on-screen instructions. On Android phones, tap Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > USB debugging. In addition, set Dr.Fone as the mock location app on your phone.
Step 4. Enter the GPS coordinates or location address.
If the connection is successful, the Virtual Location map will launch automatically on Dr.Fone. Now enter the coordinates or address in the location field at the top-left corner. After finding the exact location that you want, simply tap Move Here before sharing your new location on Viber. That is easy, right?
Part 4: Why send fake location on Viber?
Now that you know how to spoof location on Viber. Let’s discuss some reasons to spoof location on this messaging app. Below are some common ones:
- Protect your privacy
Many people don’t want other online users to have a clue of their actual whereabouts. If you’re one of them, use a third-party tool to spoof your Viber location on your iPhone or Android.
- Prank your friends
Do you want to show your friends that you’re in London or New York when you’re in some remote village/town somewhere in reality? Yes, that sounds cool!
- Improve sales
If you’re a digital marketer, you might want to convince your potential clients that the goods are from a specific region or city close to them. Believe it or not, this can lead to more sales closures.
Wrap it Up!
You can share your live location on Viber just like you would on Facebook, WhatsApp, and other social media apps. But because most of these apps don’t allow you to share fake locations, I recommend Dr.Fone change your area to anywhere in the world. Give it a try!
- Change iOS Location
- 1. Best iOS Location Changers
- 2. Fake iPhone GPS Location
- 3. Change iPhone Home Address
- 4. Change iPad Weather Location
- 5. See Someone's Location on iPhone
- 6. iPhone GPS not Working
- 7. iPhone “No Location Found”
- 8. iPhone “Location Not Available”
- 9. "No Location Found" Vs."Location Not Available"
- 10. iTools Alternatives
- 11. DoPokeGo++ Alternatives
- 12. 3uTools Alternatives
- 13. Foneazy MockGo Alternatives
- Change Android Location
- 1. Best Android Fake GPS Apps
- 2. Free Android Location Spoofers
- 3. Fake Android GPS Location
- 4. Android Location Settings
- 5. Fake GPS No Root
- 6. Fake GPS on Huawei
- 7. Fake GPS without Mock Location
- Hide GPS Location
- 1. Change Location on Find My iPhone
- 2. Fake Location on Find My Friends
- 3. Stop Google Tracking Your Location
- 4. Fake Location on Google Maps
- 5. Spoof Location on Life360
- 6. Turn Off Life 360 Without Knowing
- 7. Stop Life360 from Tracking You
- 8. Life360 Circle: Tips & Tricks
- 9. Can Life360 Track You When Your Phone is Off
- 10. Fix Google Maps Voice Directions Not Working
- 11. Stop From Being Tracked
- Fake GPS on Games
- 1. Play Pokémon Go Without Moving
- 2. Spoof Harry Potter Wizards Unite
- 3. Fake GPS in The Walking Dead
- 4. Spoof Ingress Prime Location
- 5. Spoof Location on Jurassic World Alive
- 6. Fake GPS on Mobile Legends
- Fake Location on Social Apps
- 1. Fake Location on Whatsapp
- 2. Fake Location on Facebook
- 3. Fake Location on Telegram
- 4. Fake Location on Tiktok
- 5. Fake Location on YikYak
- 6. Fake Location on Snapchat
- 7. Add Location Filters on Snapchat
- 8. Change Location on Twitter
- 9. Change Instagram Business Location
- 10. Change Instagram Region/Country
- 11. Stop mSpy from Spying You
- 12. Set Preferred Job Location on LinkedIn
- Fake Location on Dating Apps
- 1. Fake Hinge GPS
- 2. Top Funny Hinge Prompts
- 3. Apps Like Tinder
- 4. Enjoy Tinder Gold
- 5. Fake Tinder GPS
- 6.Tinder Keeps Crashing
- 7. Find People on Tinder
- 8. Use Grindr on a PC
- 9. Grindr Web app explained
- 10. Fake Grindr GPS
- 11. Grindr Unable to Refresh
- 12. Fake Bumble GPS
- 13. Bumble Snooze Mode Guide
- 14. Tinder vs Bumble vs Hinge
- Get Around Geo-blocking